Thanks!: Have or know where I can get?: Debian 3.0r0 (debian-30r0-i386-binary-1.iso ...)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 15 07:08:17 PDT 2014

Thanks all, for the suggestions, tips, pointers, etc.

I have now reconstructed that ISO image, and have also offered the
data/files to Debian, if Debian may wish to obtain those (or the missing
files) for the Debian archive:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2014/07/msg00011.html

Other bits I'll note that were mentioned, etc. (in not necessarily any
particular order):

ftp://ftp.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/pub/_Linux/Debian/dists/Debian3.0r0/debian-30r0-i386-binary-1_NONUS.iso
Highly useful - I hadn't thought of looking for or trying the NONUS ISO
- turns out that image in fact had all 55 of the .deb files I still
needed to complete the build of debian-30r0-i386-binary-1.iso

I probably should've also mentioned it, but yes, I'd also run across
http://chomikuj.pl/abcwro/pub/linux/debian/3.0_r0/cdrom/debian-30r0-i386-binary-1
earlier in my searches.  But this time around I (and with the help of
Google translate) looked into it a bit more.  Though it seemed it wanted
payment to download the full image, it looks like if one signed up for a
free account on the site, then one gets with that, ability to download
50 MiB (or MB?) per week for free.  If that could be done to download
select portions of the ISO, that may possibly have been a feasible (and
even free - at least as in beer) approach to obtaining the data.  And it
may not have taken all that horribly long either, as I only needed 55
files - probably significantly under 20% of the total content of the
full ISO image.

Lovely service - http://snapshot.debian.org/ - I'd forgotten about it,
even though I read about it before:
https://www.debian.org/News/2010/20100412
Though http://snapshot.debian.org/ didn't go back far enough to help with
debian-30r0-i386-binary-1.iso, sometime last year I did stumble onto a
minor issue that snuck in sometime between 2003 and 2013 and is fairly
likely to be a regression bug, and http://snapshot.debian.org/ could
certainly make isolating when and how that issue snuck in quite a bit
easier.

Anyway, I do now have the full set of 7 CD ISOs :-)
3.0 r0 "Woody" - Official i386 Binary (20020718)
plus also now NONUS.
http://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:cds_and_images_etc

references/excerpts:

http://bad.debian.net/pipermail/bad/2014-July/003621.html