ANNOUNCEMENT: BAD meeting & Debian 21st Birthday/Anniversary and fundraiser! 7:15p 2014-08-13 @ 21st Amendment, SF

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 10 04:50:48 PDT 2014

The BAD meeting for August will be held starting at:
7:15 P.M. PDT 2014-08-13 at:
21st Amendment Brewery
563 2nd St.
San Francisco, CA 94107-1411
1-415-369-0900
http://21st-amendment.com/

This is a brew-pub/restaurant at SOMA location, conveniently close to
many Muni lines or a moderate stroll from BART or CalTrain, and also not
too far from freeway, and a moderate walk or short Muni hop from a
preceding Ubuntu Hour San Francisco.
On or by our table/location at this BAD/Debian meeting/event, we'll have
BAD sign(s) and/or Debian swirl(s).  Note that said signage (and some
person(s)) may possibly not arrive until promptly at 7:15 P.M. (this
fairly commonly happens when there's an Ubuntu Hour San Francisco
nearby preceding the BAD meeting - but sign(s)/swirls and
person(s) will arrive at the BAD meeting by 7:15 P.M.)

Debian Birthday!
On 2014-08-16 is Debian's 21st anniversary/birthday! So, we'll celebrate
3 days early at the BAD meeting on 2014-08-13 at 21st Amendment Brewery
Debian was "born"/started 1993-08-16:
news:CBusDD.MIK at unix.portal.com
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.development/msg/a32d4e2ef3bcdcc6
Birthday gifts!  Yes, Debian would like your birthday gifts!  See below.

Fundraiser / Birthday Gifts!
Of course there are lots of ways one can help Debian.  Among them,
donations!  We're not going to twist your arm, but you're more than
welcome to bring gift/donation in the form of check or money order (or
cash which we'll convert to check).  Note that check or money order
needs to be made out and denoted ("memo" section) as specifically
indicated for it to properly be donated and targeted to Debian:
in U.S. dollars only, write a check or money order payable to:
Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
"Please do not make donations payable to SPI member projects, such as
'Debian'.  To donate to a member project, write the name in the memo
field of the cheque, on the back of the check"
ensure your cheque / money order is payable to:
Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
http://www.debian.org/donations#money_donations
http://www.spi-inc.org/donations/
And yes, US (501(c)3).

CDs/DVDs/ISOs?  I'll likely have/bring those, see:
http://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:cds_and_images_etc

Ubuntu Hour San Francisco preceding BAD meeting - yes, and relatively
conveniently nearby.  See:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-california/2844-ubuntu-hour-san-francisco/