ANNOUNCEMENT: BAD meeting for 2013-05 (and mini-installfests, and ...)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon May 6 20:47:01 PDT 2013

The BAD meeting for this month will be held starting at:
7:00 P.M. PDT 2013-05-08 at:
Henry's Hunan Restaurant
110 Natoma Street (between Mission and Howard off of New Montgomery)
San Francisco, CA 94105
415-546-4999
This is the SOMA location where we have had past meetings (there are
several other locations in the city).  On or by our table we'll have
BAD sign(s) and/or Debian swirl(s).  Note that said signage (and some
person(s)) may not arrive until promptly at 7:00 P.M., however we may
be found very close by shortly before that at The Roastery (see further
below).

Mini-installfests?  Yes.  The above, and immediately below (and more),
may not be conducive for hauling in desktop systems and (larger)
servers and the like, but laptops should generally be fine.  So, if you
want to do an install (e.g. to laptop) or wish some help with that,
feel free to bring it to the below and/or above.  Both have AC power,
the below has Wi-Fi, the above doesn't.  One or more of us will likely
have CD(s), USB stick image(s), and or other bits that may be helpful
for installing Debian 7.0.0 "Wheezy" (and likely also other
distributions, like Ubuntu).  Bringing USB stick(s) that can be
overwritten, blank CD-R (or CD-RW), or blank DVD+-R (or DVD+-RW) may
also be helpful.

Ubuntu Hour San Francisco 6-7p @ The Roastery
In conjunction with the above referenced BAD meeting, there will also
be an Ubuntu Hour, from 6 to (nearly) 7pm, at The Roastery, which is
exceedingly close to Henry's Hunan:
The Roastery
199 New Montgomery St.
San Francisco, CA 94105
1-415-538-7999
See also:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-california/2405-ubuntu-hour-san-francisco/
And yes, there will also be one or more Bay Area Debian (BAD) folk(s)
at that Ubuntu Hour San Francisco, installations of Debian (and other
distributions, such as Ubuntu) may be done there, etc.  The Roastery
has AC power and Wi-Fi, but may not be suitable for dragging larger
systems (such as desktops or (larger) servers), but generally fine for
laptops.

Additional (mini-)installfests.  Also, 2013-05-12, noon - 3pm in
Berkeley:
http://www.berkeleylug.com/
Again, may not be well suited for desktops and (larger) servers, but
quite fine for laptops, has Wi-Fi and AC power.

What images are or may be available?  Have a peek:
http://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:cds_and_images_etc