Bay Area Debian (BAD) list not working?

Mike Markley mike at markley.org
Sun Aug 18 13:31:00 PDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 11:00:14AM -0700, Michael Paoli <Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> I sent two emails to the BAD list on Friday.  Thus far I haven't seen
> those two messages do any of the following:
> o bounce (none seen/received)
> o go through (configuerd to receive my own - none received)
> o archive - haven't seen them show up in the list's archive

Thanks for the heads-up.

I moved from using a locally-maintained spamassassin to the .deb, and my
wrapper to perform spam filtering on the list had the /usr/local path
hard-coded. I wrote the script 8 years ago, so I'd quite thoroughly
forgotten about its internals. On top of that, for reasons that aren't in
my comments, I also wasn't passing the spamc exit code back up to the MTA
(which would've at least generated bounces). I've fixed both issues; this
message will also serve as a test...

--
Mike Markley <mike at markley.org>

There is an order of things in this universe.
- Apollo, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" stardate 3468.1