spadeful PDF viewer project

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Sun Apr 14 16:48:35 PDT 2013

Elizabeth Krumbach writes:
> On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org> wrote:
> > https://github.com/nobrowser/spadeful
>
> The context here was a discussion over preferred pdf readers, some
> missing the simplicity of xpdf (which is broken on current releases of
> Ubuntu that a couple attendees were using) and others quite happy with
> evince. Ian mentioned that he had written one.

I switched to mupdf based on a suggestion in the longstanding
"xpdf crashes on launch" Ubuntu bug. It's been working pretty well.
It's very fast and stays out of your way.  I'm curious how spadeful
compares to mupdf, but I'll definitely check it out since mupdf is
almost TOO minimalist, and lacks a few features I'd like.

	...Akkana