Bay Area Debian meeting at Henry's Hunan Restaurant, SF, November 10th @ 7PM

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 3 12:47:29 PDT 2010

Quoting Elizabeth Krumbach (lyz at princessleia.com):

> Apologies, was the "ANNOUNCEMENT" in the subject all I missed, and
> you'd like me to resend with that? I did read the rules but then ended
> up using the last meeting announcement linked on the site as a
> template, which also lacked this so I forgot.

Given the low level of traffic, the last few years, on the BAD mailing
list, suggesting re-send merely for lack of a Subject prefix would be
more than a bit silly.

No, that's really not the point, though you might as well throw that
prefix in while following Evan's handy guidelines as a checklist (which is
what I always do).  What mostly stood out was the lack of directions by
car and public transportation, and a note that you (as the person who
called the meeting) will be there at or before meeting time, with some
obvious sign saying BAD or Bay Area Debian at the table.

Fortunately, Michael Paoli already did all of the work of researching
locations/directions, in the BAD posting I cited last night -- which, by
the way, I found as the first hit on 'Bay Area Debian' 'Henry's Hunan'.

You presumably know all about where 110 Natoma Street is, but experience
shows that a lot of potential attendees won't show up if they're vague
on where the venue is.  (For me, saying 'Henry's Hunan Restaurant is
behind SFMOMA, right off New Montgomery between Howard and Mission'
happens to pin it down perfectly.)

Using the last meeting announcement as a template is something I'd not
recommend, because there have been a number of extremely half-assed and
poorly written (and also last-minute) ones, particularly from one
individual whom I'll not name as I'd rather just highlight the problem
without getting into personalities.