Donating 500 F/OSS Computers to Schools... SATURDAY!! (Pizza & Schwag from Mozilla!!)

Andrew Fife afife at untangle.com
Wed Feb 27 16:06:15 PST 2008

Hi Aaron:

>What sort of infrastructure are you setting up? LAN + Ubuntu
>mirror in each location? Modified CDs with a central preseed file? A
>dhcp+tftp setup for PXE booting?

Yes we are setting up an Ubuntu mirror in each location and using a boot
CD that installs from that mirror with a default configuration.

PXE booting is not consistently supported in different hardware,
especially old hardware... and nearly all of the systems are late 90s
PIII.

-Andrew

Andrew Fife
Untangle - Open Source Security Gateway