BayLISA Monitoring SIG, Weds Nov 14, 7PM

Chris Barton Anderson cba at groundworkopensource.com
Wed Nov 7 11:42:33 PST 2007

(Hi: You're invited to the BayLISA Monitoring SIG, Weds Nov 14, 7PM. See
the meeting announcement pasted below: feel free to post it and/or
forward it along to anyone else who might be interested. Many thanks,
and hope to see you there!)

Nov. 2007 BayLISA Monitoring SIG: How NOT to Install Nagios

SIG member Lois G. reports: I did get Nagios installed and Apache
serving up the interface. The configuration is all wrong, so it is not
monitoring. My idea for presenting is: a beginner's "how to" with
audience participation to go through my files and show what I did wrong.
In other words, the theme would be "How NOT to Install Nagios."

So come ready to help Lois get her monitoring working, share your own
Nagios experiences, good and bad, and be prepared to ask probing
questions. Or bring the requirements for your proposed monitoring
deployment and we'll peruse it for obvious and not-so-obvious gotchas.

What: BayLISA Monitoring SIG XII: How NOT to Install Nagios
Who: Anyone interested in IT monitoring issues and tools (newbies
particularly welcome!)
When: Wednesday, Nov 14 2007, 7PM
Where: GroundWork Open Source, 139 Townsend St., San Francisco
How: 139 Townsend St. is very near AT&T Ballpark. It is one and a half
blocks from the CalTrain Depot. Take the MUNI N or T trolley to 2nd and
King (ballpark stop) or take the 30 or 45 bus (among others) crosstown.
Free evening street parking can probably be found, but there are also
several fee-based parking garages around in case of street parking
difficulty.
Cost: Free!!

Piping hot pizza, curiously refreshing pop, and scintillating snacks
provided by GroundWork. We'll open up the doors at 6:30 or so and start
the formal part of the meeting promptly at 7PM.

RSVP (not necessary, but helpful): Peter Mui,
pmui at groundworkopensource.com, 415 992 4573
www.groundworkopensource.com