Fixed: apt-get error

Michael Neuffer neuffer at neuffer.info
Sat Aug 25 00:42:49 PDT 2007

Michael Paoli wrote:
> Glad you got your answer and got it working.
>
> I bumped into that some years (years>=3) back and I believe managed to
> search out the answer at least at the time (via Google and/or the Debian
> bug tracker).
>
> This is what I still have included in at least one of my
> /etc/apt/apt.conf files:
> APT::Cache-Limit 16777216; //work-around for bug #177101-->#178623
> ... fairly likely it's no longer needed at this time, but certainly
> did the trick at the time.

Interestingly enough, the bug was reintroduced it seems,
as this error started for me about 2 or 3 months ago after
an update the the current apt versions.

Until I found the work around on the internet, I helped myself by
manually downgrading the package and then keeping it from
beeing upgraded again.

Cheers
    Mike