ANNOUNCEMENT: B.A.D. Meeting 2006-06-14 7p-? Jing Jing, Palo Alto

Joshua Kwan joshk at triplehelix.org
Mon Jun 5 23:21:49 PDT 2006

Who:     We, Bay Area Debian (BAD)
What:    are going to the BAD meeting
When:    2006-06-14 7:00 P.M. PST until as long as they'll have us and
         us them
Where:   Jing Jing Szechwan and Hunan Gourmet Restaurant
         443 Emerson St.
         Palo Alto, CA 94301
         USA
         1-650-328-6885
Why:     Because we are sorely lacking in South Bay BAD meetings and I
         seriously can't be arsed to drive up to Oakland or Berkeley
         when not around for school.

Details, etc.:

To ensure a place at dinner, reply to list by 6/13 at latest.

You may recall this location as the one Aaron M. Ucko chose (where
Marcelo Tosatti, maintainer of the 2.4 kernel, was present!) and I am of
the belief that well enough should be left alone.

Keysignings welcome.  If you want a keyring, make one.

The venue: http://www.jingjinggourmet.com

FAQ:

  How to get there?

    Map: http://www.jingjinggourmet.com/2005/map.asp

    CalTrain: Apparently it's very close, check transit.511.org.

    Parking in Palo Alto is dodgy at best, so carpool or take public
    transportation if at all possible! ITT discuss such travel
    arrangements.

  Free Wi-Fi?

    Nah. How about putting our computers away and just enjoying nerdy
    company and conversation.

    Plus, if anyone needs their fix, what the hell, man. It's freakin'
    /Palo Alto/.

    Seriously though, if anyone thinks this is completely unacceptable,
    a significant consensus will probably get the location changed.

  AC outlets available?

    I think so, but see above.

  Legitimacy of this announcement?

    http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt