REMINDER: There will be a BAD meeting on 9/14 at 7:30 PM at the Pacific Coast Brewing Company, by BART in downtown Oakland. Keysignings welcome.

Tony Godshall Tony Godshall <togo@of.net>
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:30:43 -0700

----- Forwarded message from Tony Godshall <togo@of.net> -----

Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:29:50 -0700
Subject: ANNOUNCE: There will be a BAD meeting on 9/14 at 7:30 PM at the Pacific Coast Brewing Company, by BART in downtown Oakland.  Keysignings welcome.

WHEN:  14 SEPTEMBER, 7:30 PM

WHERE:

  Pacific Coast Brewing Company
  906 Washington Street at 9th Street
  downtown Oakland
  http://www.pacificcoastbrewing.com/
  (beware pointless java and animation)

WHY:

I like this place because has good beer, it's close one of
the most central transit points lines, transit and it's not
too noisy.  It's Summer, so look in the outdoor beer garden
if the weather is nice.  Open till midnight, has wifi.

For folks scared of the "long" commute to East Bay, it's
actually just the second stop past the tunnel.  It's closer
to downtown San Francisco than parts of San Francisco (like
the Oakland Airport billboard used to say).  Quite a bit
closer to most than Berkeley, and easier sitting and parking.

FROM BART AND BUS STOPS:

It's a block South and a block West of 12th St Oakland City
Center BART, one of the main transit transfer points.  BART
from SF won't let you take a bike till the train that
arrives at 6:47p., so if hitting Oakland early, take a
Tranbay bus from the Transbay Terminal at Fremont + Mission.

Transit planner:
  http://transit.511.org/tripplanner/index.asp

Route from BART & bus stops:

  http://tinyurl.com/aug66

(Thanks google!, though I'd probaby cut through the Smart &
Final parking lot myself)

PCBC is on the left/West side of the street.

----- End forwarded message -----

Best Regards,

Tony