ANNOUNCE: There will be a BAD meeting on 9/14 at 7:30 PM at the Pacific Coast Brewing Company, by BART in downtown Oakland. Keysignings welcome.

Tony Godshall Tony Godshall <togo@of.net>
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:29:50 -0700

WHEN:  14 SEPTEMBER, 7:30 PM

WHERE:

  Pacific Coast Brewing Company
  906 Washington Street at 9th Street
  downtown Oakland
  http://www.pacificcoastbrewing.com/
  (beware pointless java and animation)

WHY:

I like this place because has good beer, it's close one of
the most central transit points lines, transit and it's not
too noisy.  It's Summer, so look in the outdoor beer garden
if the weather is nice.  Open till midnight, has wifi.

For folks scared of the "long" commute to East Bay, it's
actually just the second stop past the tunnel.  It's closer
to downtown San Francisco than parts of San Francisco (like
the Oakland Airport billboard used to say).  Quite a bit
closer to most than Berkeley, and easier sitting and parking.

FROM BART AND BUS STOPS:

It's a block South and a block West of 12th St Oakland City
Center BART, one of the main transit transfer points.  BART
from SF won't let you take a bike till the train that
arrives at 6:47p., so if hitting Oakland early, take a
Tranbay bus from the Transbay Terminal at Fremont + Mission.

Transit planner:
  http://transit.511.org/tripplanner/index.asp

Route from BART & bus stops:

  http://tinyurl.com/aug66

(Thanks google!, though I'd probaby cut through the Smart &
Final parking lot myself)

PCBC is on the left/West side of the street.

CYCLISTS:

>From North/Berkeley, I take this route:
  Fulton S to Prince (google won't show it because cars can't do it)
  left to Deakin, right to 66th:
    http://tinyurl.com/br4b5
  left to Broadway, right to 18th, rt to San Pablo:
    http://tinyurl.com/929kz
  left to Clay, bear rt, left on 9th to Washington:
    http://tinyurl.com/c922y
  Let me know if you'd like to bike with me.

>From East or West: Traffic is heavy on most streets, so
  I typically just take the fast one-ways like 7th and 8th,
  then up Washington...
    http://tinyurl.com/dcwfs

>From Alameda/South: The Alameda Tube's no fun, so
  take the 19 or 51 or come across the Park St bridge
  (beware metal surface) and along the estuary bike
  lane (beware rough road)

INTERNAL COMBUSTORS:

Driving from the West or North: take 880 to Broadway/Alameda exit, then right on 7th and left on Washington

  http://tinyurl.com/9z86h

Driving from the East or Northeast... Take Hwy 24/980 to 12th St exit, then left on 7th and left on Washington:

  http://tinyurl.com/7kdtl

Driving from the South: Take 880 to Broadway exit, then right on Washington:

  http://tinyurl.com/cqrqv

Did I cover all the bases?

PS: Last time there was a farmers market around the corner
cleaning up.  Might be fun to come early.

PS: Anyone notice that Google Maps no longer accepts
"st + st" notation?  Broke my old URLs.