[LAME] Anybody got a Tux pin?

Tue, 10 May 2005 22:58:48 -0700

I've got one you could borrow.  I should be at the BAD meeting tomorrow.

It may not be a 100% generic TUX pin - may have a trace of some vendor's
logo or insignia on it, but I think that's only marginally discernible
(if that's what that stuff on the pin is ... looks deliberate, but
doesn't look all that recognizable).  I'm pretty sure I got it from some
vendor - likely at LinuxWorld.

Anyway, for the return, and if the BAD meeting time doesn't work for
you, we could probably arrange to rendezvous at some other location.

Quoting Joshua Kwan <joshk@triplehelix.org>:

> My senior prom's this Friday. I'd love to wear a Tux pin [1] on my,
> well, tux. Anybody in the area got one and could let me pick it up / you
> drop it off (I'm in Los Altos) sometime soon? Failing that, a Debian
> logo pin (probably rarer yet..)

> If anyone offers, I'll recompensate by scanning the pictures when I get
> them and posting them to this list (This is a comedy goldmine
> opportunity that no one should pass up.)

Uhm, if you want to do that - perhaps just on a web site somewhere, and
post the URL(s) in a message to the list.  Hmmmmm, extreme close-up with a
*very* wide-angle lens for the full tux on tux effect?  Or perhaps a job
for GIMP.  Or you could fake it with GIMP ... but not quite the same for
the in-person effect.  Does your digital camera timestamp and digitally
sign its "raw" ("negatives") images yet?  And if so, who signed your camera's
key(s)?