REMINDER: There will be a BAD meeting at 7pm TONIGHT at Fry's Fremont Cafe

Tony Godshall Tony Godshall <togo@of.net>
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:07:46 -0800

> > Back to the South end of the Bay for the first time in a
> > long while, we'll meet at 7pm in the Cafe at Fry's Fremont.
> >
> > The cafe at Fry's has soups and sandwiches and espressos and
> > soft drinks.  No alcohol.  Minors are welcome.
> >
> > To get there...
> >
> > 1. I-680 to Auto Mall, go West
> > 2. at first light, right onto Osgood
> > 3. right into lot.

... or ...

1. I-880 to Auto Mall, go East
2. just before I-680, second or third stoplight, left onto Osgood
> > 3. first right into lot.

> > BART to Fremont BART, and then bike five miles...
> > it looks like a fairly bike-friendly route is
> > 1. Southest to big park
> > 2. continue through park Southeast to SE corner of park
> >    (1 mile from BART)
> > 3. go SE on Paseo Padre and follow as it turns E (1.5 mi)
> > 4. Right on Driscoll, it turns into Osgood.  Fry's on left
> > in 2.2 miles.

BART to Fremont and then get a ride...

Shaleh has generously offered to transport myself, Erich,
and one or two more from BART to Fry's and back.  Seating is
limited, so RSVP.

> > Transit for pedestrians is available but it tends to be very
> > commuter-oriented.  If you need it, I recommend the regional trip
> > planner...
> >
> >   http://transit.511.org/tripplanner/
> >
> > ... or ask for a ride here.  I'll drive if I can put
> > together a carpool from Berkeley/Oakland/Alameda folks
> > (meet at e.g. Rockridge BART)
> >
> > The ulterior motive for holding the meeting at Fry's is to
> > prep for EFF PVR Build-In in Alameda probably Saturday 12
> > March.
> >
> >   http://eff.org/broadcastflag/cookbook/buildin.php
> >
> > I doubt that Fry's has a Linux-compatible HDTV card (I'm
> > back-ordering an Air2PC since pcHDTV-3000 is apparently
> > antenna-only) but I'll be shopping for a new machine that
> > meets EFF's spec (they recommend a 3MHz P4 with a 800MHz
> > FSB to do HDTV capture).

It sounds like the FusionHDTV now has a driver contributed
by an Australian, and it's on the latest KnopMyth CDs (I
bittorrent downloaeded R5A12 yesterday), so I may grab one
of those too if Fry's has them.

> > Hopefully I have complied fully my obligations under
> > the meeting rules
> >
> >   http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt

Next meeting may be in San Francisco if Mr. monthly digest
gets off his butt and sends out his ANNOUNCE... oh
settle down, you're a geek too, you can take it. ;-P