LWCE/SF 2005 Debian booth organization

Mike Markley mike@markley.org
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 08:52:52 -0700

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 11:07:41PM -0700, Sean Perry <shaleh@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Joshua Kwan wrote:
> >* The T-shirts were a blast but we ran out really quickly. L/XL seemed
> >to be the most popular size, but we got a considerable number of >XXLs.
> >People expected them to be free, too.
>
> my times have changed. We never had a problem getting $10 a shirt, $15
> for the 2XX and larger.

I suspect that the reason people expected them to be free is that, well,
they're at a vendor expo. Most of the booths are occupied by for-profit
companies who have some sort of goodies to give away as advertisement,
whether it's pens or tshirts or stuffed animals or what have you. Those
who don't know that Debian is a non-profit (or, at least, operates under
the auspices of one) are likely to view it as just another vendor here
at the conference. From that perspective, it's perfectly reasonable to
assume that the shirts are free.

They may be coming too fast for this, but you could always use the
request for a free shirt as an opportunity to explain the non-profit
status of Debian and the real and potential advantages therein :). Heck,
maybe even find a few willing donors.

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>

I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose.
- Clarence Darrow