Keyring for (mini-?)keysigning 2005-02-09 Downtown Oakland (Pacific Coast Brewing Company)

Akbar Pasha Akbar Pasha <akbarpasha@gmail.com>
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:47:35 -0800

Rick Moen
> Many would argue that, all other things being equal, newcomers to Debian
> should start with the stable branch.  On the other hand, laptops
> (depending on age) can be difficult installation targets for which
> cutting-edge installation kernels can be the key to success.  I'm not
> sure how to best advise you.  You might be better off starting with the
> Libranet 2.8.1 image, which has both a very modern kernel and a high
> degree of compatibility with testing/sarge.

Thanks Rick! I think I will try out Libranet then. I remember trying
Debian stable 1 year back and quite didn't get it to work on my
laptop. I don't exactly have the model number of my laptop right now,
but I will give it a try with Libranet and see how it goes.

::akbar