Preservation of system state considered harmful

Sami Juvonen sami@juvonen.org
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 19:14:35 -0800 (PST)

Mike Cheponis said:
> Forget PHP and Perl, think Python!

I kinda agree, although choosing apps based on their implementation
language is somewhat silly. (BTW, what is it about PHP that attacks your
brain and forces you to write web-based groupware? Python of course seems
to breed abstract and complex friggin frameworks for everything.)

Do you know a web mail app to replace Squirrelmail if I were to take that
route? I have recently been toying with Plone (it *is* amazing) and it
would be interesting to integrate it there... not going to write it
myself, yet anyway.

ObOnTopic: /etc/php4/apache/php.ini on sarge has register_globals = On.
Let's see what breaks when I turn it off...

-s.