Preservation of system state considered harmful

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 21:48:26 -0800

begin  Sean Perry  quotation:
> curious. "I was preserving machine state during upgrades"? Does this
> mean that you had dpkg set to not ask "You have modified this config
> file, should I overwrite it?"?

I'm running testing, and I get little yes/no/diff/etc wotzits all the
time from dpkg during shabooms.  I just checked now and found that I
had register_globals still set to On.  I shut it off manually, but I
never got any prompting from dpkg to install the package maintainer's
version.

--
A: No.                                                    Nick Moffitt
Q: Should I put my reply above quoted text?         nick@teh.entar.net