[fwd] FLOSS Usability Sprint II: Extreme Usability (Aug 22-24, San Francisco)

Bill Kendrick nbs@sonic.net
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 22:56:13 -0700

----- Forwarded message from Eugene Eric Kim -----

Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 16:04:41 -0700
From: Eugene Eric Kim
Subject: [sprint] FLOSS Usability Sprint II: Extreme Usability

Hi folks,

It's official: We're doing "FLOSS Usability II: Extreme Usability"
later this month, August 22-24, 2005 in San Francisco, California.

  http://www.flossusability.org/

The event will be slightly different in focus than our last sprint.
We'll be focusing on the notion of "Extreme Usability," which emerged
from the last sprint.  The idea is that usability should happen
throughout the development cycle, ideally "pair programming" with the
developer and the usability practitioner.  We're going to apply and
refine this methodology to early stage open source projects.

If you're a usability practitioner, open source developer, or user of
e-advocacy tools, and you'd like to participate, please fill out an
application at:

  http://www.flossusability.org/cfp.html

We especially need usability practitioners.  We encourage both past
participants and new ones!

Let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to post your
thoughts here on this list.

-Eugene

Eugene Eric Kim ......................... http://public.xdi.org/=eekim
Blue Oxen Associates ........................ http://www.blueoxen.org/