easy admin mail server recommendation requested

Erich Schubert erich@vitavonni.de
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:24:40 -0700

Hi,
I had been running qmail-ldap for years, and it was a PITA.
But I can really recommend postfix. It rocks.

> qmail, sendmail, etc? I would like mail handling (receive, send), POP3
> and IMAP access, spam blocking, virus blocking, and (extra-credit)

Amavis for Spam and Virus filtering (spamassassin for spam, clamav for
virus) is doing a pretty good job for me.

I can also recommend courier-imap/courier-pop for EMail. I'm a fan of
the Maildir format anyway.

> mailing list management with self-administration (change address,
> digestify, archives, etc). I'd like LDAP or other directory integration

Mailinglists are a bigger issue... I'm missing ezmlm, which requires
qmail. In my opinion, mailman is crap. I've heard good things about
"enemies of carlotta" or so, but I've never used it myself.

You should be able to find dozens of HOWTOs for postifx+courier+amavis

Greetings,
Erich