easy admin mail server recommendation requested

Sam Hahn S@mHahn.com
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:33:44 -0700

Gurus - I'm considering running Linux (preferably Debian) mailserver for
one of my domains, vs an ISP (currently Verio - high rates). Do you (one
or all) recommend a particular package that has easy simple admin in
Debian (which distro?), and is reliable as a rock? Would it be PostFix,
qmail, sendmail, etc? I would like mail handling (receive, send), POP3
and IMAP access, spam blocking, virus blocking, and (extra-credit)
mailing list management with self-administration (change address,
digestify, archives, etc). I'd like LDAP or other directory integration
to be optional, not required. (Do any of the Exchange work-alikes look
ready?) (If this is a FAQ, please redirect, and apologies in advance for
the bandwidth.) Thanks - Sam