Seeking good web sites for Debian tools

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:33:29 -0700

Quoting Ian Zimmerman (itz@buug.org):

> We recently considered switching to svn from CVS at work.  For a while
> I was the main proponent of a switch.  The matter dropped when I
> admitted that even I was scared of reports of database corruption.

As Joshua mentioned, there's an optional filesystem back-end.  You don't
have to use BerkeleyDB for the repository, if you don't want to.

> BTW, what's this about kernel not being able to use BK?

BitMover has announced that the gratis-usage edition will be EOLed.
McVoy cites as justification the news that Tridge is working on
reverse-engineering BK in his spare time, though employed by
gratis-usage edition licensee OSDL.