SF nonprofits using Debian?

sms@sonic.net sms@sonic.net
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:45:43 -0800 (PST)

> > > Anyone aware of non-profits in SF using Debian in server or
> > > desktop roles, and approximate sizes of deployments?
>>
>> Thought I'd take a poke at this; I recalled from ~5ish years ago,
>> reading about a Linux-centric ISP oriented to providing cheap
>> services to non-profit organizations.  Couldn't recall any more
>> details.
>
> You're probably thinking of this:
>
>  http://www.communitycolo.net

<ponder>
Doesn't match my memories; OTOH, I don't claim perfect recall & one
reading 5ish years ago could well have had some details alter (it's
a well-known phenomenon).  Also, "market" realities could have caused
the organization I recall to have evolved into this.
<shrug>

In any case, it's another lead for the original requester, neh?  <g>

- Steve S.