[branden@debian.org: [VAC] San Francisco, 2004-08-03 to 2004-08-06]

Joshua Kwan joshk@triplehelix.org
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:37:56 -0700

--BwCQnh7xodEAoBMC

BAD FYI

If you come to LWCE SF, you can meet our humble XFree86 maintainer :)
Is anyone interested in forming a BOF? Know any good places to eat .. or
drink? (I'm underage: think of the children!)

-Josh

----- Forwarded message from Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> -----

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:44:30 -0500
=46rom: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
To: _____________@lists.debian.org
Subject: [VAC] San Francisco, 2004-08-03 to 2004-08-06

Hi folks,

I'll be at LinuxWorld Conference and Expo in San Francisco this year,
mostly manning the Progeny booth (#790).

This means my availability will be more erratic than usual, and I probably
won't be able to do as much of my usual:
  1) arguing on -legal;
  2) committing to X Strike Force SVN repositories;
  3) wisecracking on #debian-devel

The packages I maintain personally seem to be in fairly good shape[1], and =
the
X-related packages[2] are in the capable hands of the XSF (with fixes in
the works for all RC bugs that aren't tagged "sarge-ignore"[3]), so NMUs
should not be necessary.  If you find it necessary to do one, please follow
the documented procedure[4], so that innocent bystanders in California do
not have to deal with an unhappy Overfiend.  ;-)

I am very much interested in hooking up with any Debianers who'll be in the
Bay Area, for a BOF, general socializing, and whatnot.  If I've told you on
IRC or in mail that I owe you a drink, now's the time to collect.  (I may
require that you remind me why I said I owe you a drink, though. :) )
I'll be available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during non-show hours.

Feel free to contact me privately if you like.  Also, I grant permission
for this message to be redistributed to the Bay Area Debian list or other
forum that serves a similar function.

I look forward to meeting you, or seeing you again, as applicable.  :)

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=3Dmaint&data=3Dbrand=
en%40debian.org&archive=3Dno&pend-exc=3Ddone&sev-inc=3Dcritical&sev-inc=3Dg=
rave&sev-inc=3Dserious
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=3Dmaint&data=3Ddebia=
n-x%40lists.debian.org&archive=3Dno&pend-exc=3Ddone&sev-inc=3Dcritical&sev-=
inc=3Dgrave&sev-inc=3Dserious
[3] http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/xsf/XFree86/trunk/debian/TODO [5]
[4] http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-nmu
[5] Is it just me, or is Mozilla on crack when it comes to the MIME type of
    this file?  It never ceases to amaze me how hard a time browser authors
    have just rendering some plain text in the main window.

--=20
G. Branden Robinson                |    No executive devotes much effort to
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    proving himself wrong.
branden@debian.org                 |    -- Laurence J. Peter
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ |

----- End forwarded message -----

--=20