Install assistance needed in Berkeley area

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:55:01 -0800

[debian-boot snipped from distribution, as I'm pretty sure this is
off-topic for that forum]

> * Dale Amon <amon@vnl.com> [2004-01-02 11:29]:
> > If anyone knows of a Debian hacker in the Berkeley, CA area, a
> > fellow I know wants to install Linux on a bunch of old computers
> > being donated to a school.

	The key question here is, "How old?"

	Are we talking 486, or are we talking circa-2001 celeron, or
what?

	I'd be happy to help out, but expectations of results are
dependent on the capabilities of the hardware, of course.

> > or just reply to this thread since I've included him. It takes
> > longer to reach me directly because I use a white list and dump the
> > other thousand a day into a holding pen.

	You ought to consider using something else, like a bayesian
filter.  I get 25 megabytes of spam a day, and I only ever have to
read one or two a month.

	-- Lewis Mumford

end