ANNOUNCEMENT: BAD meeting 6:30/7p-~9p Wed. Henry's Hunan (Natoma), S.F. 2004-04-14

Fri, 9 Apr 2004 20:27:54 -0700

Bay Area Debian (BAD) meeting ANNOUNCEMENT:

When:
Wednesday 2004-04-14 6:30 P.M. - ~9:00 P.M. PDT:
6:30 P.M. - 7:00 P.M. PDT mix/mingle/greet, tea, maybe some light
appetizers, etc.;
7:00 P.M. PDT get down to the serious business of ordering entrees - for
optimal results, try to arrive by 7:00 P.M. if you can;
7:00 P.M. - ~9:00 P.M. eat really good food, hang out, talk Debian
stuff, etc.

Where:
Henry's Hunan Restaurant
110 Natoma St.
San Francisco, CA  94105-3704
1-415-546-4999
Reservation is under "Bay Area Debian"
... not to be confused with their other locations, ... also, getting
there, etc., they're just off of New Montgomery, on Natoma St. (South of
Mission St, between New Montgomery and 2nd St., first alley/street N. of
Howard St.) they're on the N. side of Natoma St. ... there's a fair
bunch of construction around the corner of Howard St. and New
Montgomery, so you won't really see their front sign until you pretty
much poke your head straight towards/down Natoma St.  They also have a
rear entrance/exit on Minna St., but the front is on Natoma St.  Parking
is ... well, ... it's San Francisco, ... Public Transportation - modest
walk from Montgomery BART / MUNI Metro station, about a mile from the
San Francisco 4th & King Caltrain depot (it's a flat longish walk, or
hop a bus or whatever from Caltrain)
http://www.511.org/

What:
In addition to very good food (if unsure, peek at some reviews, and/or
ask some of the LUGOD folks that went there from LinuxWorld last year),
there will probably be some semi-reasonable accommodations for AC power
for laptops and such (I believe we'll have a wall outlet or two, might
be useful to bring extension cord or power strip if you'd like to use
laptop on AC there), I plan to bring some Debian and Knoppix CDs (CD-RW
media, $2.00 USD each for ~cost recovery) similar to before:
http://bad.debian.net/list/2004-March/002505.html
and of course PGP/GPG keysigning is always
possible, and of course any other Debian things that may be fitting.
Henry's Hunan serves until 9:00 P.M. weekdays.

Cost:
Not including any alcoholic beverages, typical per-person dinner cost
there is generally roughly $12.00 - $15.00 USD - at least in my
recollection/estimation (and including taxes and tip).  If folks don't
object, we can probably do one tab, split things up, share food (to the
extent folks want to), etc., but we can figure out most of those details
when we get there (it may be the case that due to size, they may need to
put us on a single tab, but we can then handle that as folks are
agreeable to).

Hopefully this at least well meets the "SHOTGUN RULES" - at least
binding (rule) parts.
http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt

Random:
I thought it might be nice to have a BAD meeting for a change somewhere
other than Berkeley and along the Peninsula (at least as far as I
recall, most all the BAD meetings for quite a while have been either in
Berkeley, or down along the Peninsula somewhere south of San Francisco).
I highly endorse Henry's Hunan's food - very good, reasonably priced for
the quality/quantity/service ... and the Natoma St. location is mostly a
"lunchtime crowd" spot, so it's typically not very crowded in evenings
and on weekends (but it's packed during typically weekday lunch hours).