Apsfilter Setup

Stephen Schroder sschrode@pacbell.net
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:40:50 -0700

The last time I installed Debian, setting up apsfilter was a piece of
cake.  This time when I try to print a test page I get page after page
of what looks like the characteristics or printcap of multiple fonts,
followed by line after line of letters and numbers that mean nothing to
me.  Even after executing apt-get remove apsfilter the above described
printing continues until I take the printer off line.  CUPS is not
installed on my system, and I don't want to use it.  It is possible that
when I installed Debian this time I inadvertently/mistakenly indicated
my printer is a PostScript printer, which it is not.  How do I clear the
print cache and revisit the printer setup to make sure it is not listed
as a PostScript printer?  Thank you in advance for your help.

Steve