BAD meeting this Wed 10/09 Berkeley - Come help organize the WWDebVideoConf :)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:45:31 -0700

Quoting Hereon (hereon2003@yahoo.com):

> I'm calling the monthly Bay Area Debian meeting to be at:
> Berkeley Espresso:   1900 Shattuck Avenue, at Hearst Avenue, Downtown
> Berkeley
> It is site #1 on this page:
> http://www.cheesebikini.com/archives/000755.html#000755

Let's take a refresher peek at Mr. Bad's Shotgun Rules for calling BAD
meetings (http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt):

> BAD meeting this Wed 10/09 Berkeley

1.  As Mike reminds us, Wednesday is the 8th.  So, you've left unclear
whether you really mean Wednesday or 10/09.  It can't be both.  (Which
one, by the way?  The default assumption should probably be Wednesday,
since BADS meetings generally are on 2nd Wednesdays when called.)
Moral:  gcal is your friend.  Don't post dates without it!

2.
MRBAD> RULE3: [...] It must define a time

You didn't include the meeting time in your original post.  Yes, you
later corrected that omission, but that means people seeking venue
information have to look in multiple places.

3.
MRBAD> RULE 3: A meeting announcement must be posted by email to the
MRBAD> BAD list, with the word "ANNOUNCEMENT" in the Subject header.

You blew that.

4.
MRBAD> RULE 3: [...] ...directions by car and public transportation

You blew that.

> CUthere.  :)

Good.  Preferably, you, as the person who called the meeting, should be
there early, with "a little sign that says 'BAD' so people know where
they're supposed to sit".  (Please see the Shotgun Rules.)

Comment:  Calling meetings _only a few days_ in advance is really dumb,
as it provides essentially zero opportunity to get the word out to
people not on this mailing list.  I urge suppressing the urge to do so,
in the future, and instead schedule one for the following month.

--
Cheers,               Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was
Rick Moen             the cats who insisted we invent houses and discover fire.