BAD meeting this Wed 10/09 Berkeley - Come help organize the WWDebVideoConf :)

Hereon hereon2003@yahoo.com
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 20:58:11 -0700 (PDT)

--- Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> wrote:
> > We will need admins for: web hosting, web page
design,webserver,IRCserver,
> > audio netcast, video netcast, wifi, location facilites planning (in
> > communities worldwide).  We'll need topic sponsors/arrangers,
andspeakers.
> > We'll likely need programmers to develop some video netcasting
technology.

> This is really cool.  Let me know if you need any sort of technical
> help.  What are you planning on using for the video casting?  Are there
> any plans to put it out over multicast?  Let me know if there is
> anything someone 'remote' can do (I'm located in MN). :)
>
> Thanks.

Thanks for your interest!  :)

Yes, we could benefit from help from all over & everywhere.  :)  We'll need
people to manage reception, & video forwarding in many locations.  Also,
broadcast sites will be from wherever in the world the speakers are located.

For current details watch first the temporary web page at
http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?WwdebVideoconf

More info will be up in a few days.

Hopefuly, in the next week or so we'll get a regular website setup. That will
have much more detail.

Watch the website, & the conference specific mailing list (not the BAD list)
once that gets set up.

I hope you can participate!  :)