BAD meeting this Wed 10/09 Berkeley - Come help organize the WWDebVideoConf :)

Hereon hereon2003@yahoo.com
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:39:44 -0700 (PDT)

Come help plan & prepare for the World Wide Debian Video Conference  :)

I'm calling the monthly Bay Area Debian meeting to be at:
Berkeley Espresso:   1900 Shattuck Avenue, at Hearst Avenue, Downtown
Berkeley
It is site #1 on this page:
http://www.cheesebikini.com/archives/000755.html#000755

Several people are woorking to create a monthly world wide Debian
videoconference, which will have several hours of videonetcast talks, and
provide opportunities for learning, and cooperative development of GPL Free
SW.

I invite everyone who wants to help out with the preparations for these
events to come to this BAD meeting to learn about what will be happening, and
to volunteer to assist in any ways that you would like.

We will need admins for: web hosting, web page design, webserver, IRC server,
audio netcast, video netcast, wifi, location facilites planning (in
communities worldwide).  We'll need topic sponsors/arrangers, and speakers.
We'll likely need programmers to develop some video netcasting technology.

This is the first "official" meeting about this.  Several people have been
working informally on this project for the past few months. Now it's time to
take the next step and have a F2F meeting (or more) to help get this going.

Rev 0.0.1 of the project web site is here:
http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?WwdebVideoconf

Come & help plan & volunteer whatever you can for this event.  :)

---
And, of course, also at BAD is 1) Discussion about Debian, 2) Discussion
about anything of interest to BAD attendees, 3) Food & drink,  etc.

I picked this place to meet cause they are centrally located (4 short blocks
from downtown Berkeley Bart), they have wifi connection, and food.  If we get
too crowded at this location, right across the street (Hearst) is Oscar's
burgers, (a great flame broiled burger.  Shakes too, if you're early).  So,
we might move across the street at some point.  Look there if you arrive
later & noone seems to be in Berkeley Espresso.

Bring a laptop.  Bring wifi.  Bring power socket extenders.  (The cafe has
multiple power outlets.) Someone please bring the latest Knoppix or Gnomix
CDs, or a debian mirror on your laptop or cd, to help install Debain on
laptops.

CUthere.  :)