Announcement- ... IRVoice, IRVideo; WWDebian GPL Free SW Videonetcast Conference & Hackfest

Hereon hereon1@fastmail.us
Sat, 08 Nov 2003 03:22:09 -0800

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:35:59 -0800, "Rick Moen" <rick@linuxmafia.com>
said:
> > (in addition to the everpresent "talk-about whatever_is_of_interest
> > 'to BAD attendees'" topic) is: let's all GET TOGETHER in real &
> > cyberspace, & TRY TO GET AN IRC SERVER GOING, and maybe even VOICE
> > COM, between local & remote "attendees", in preparation for doing the
> > WHIRLED WHIDE DEBIAN FSW & Etc VIDEO CONFERENCE / HACKATHON_A_GOGO.
>
> Er, John?  It's actually desd-simple to get an IRC server going.  Have
> you ever tried?

Cool.  I hope you're correct.  :)

That would mean we'll be past the IRTextC stage in no time, and can get
on to IRVoiceC & IRVideoC.

(Note also - we've not only got to be able to do it ourselves, we've got
to document howto do it, so that others, at remote locations, can
replicate the ability - at least for receiving.  & then we've got to help
those remote people who are having problems getting it set up.  This is
where the abilities of an experienced InstallFest manager (& InstallFest
personnel) will come in handy.  IMHO.  [People with networking, audio IO,
video IO, writing & website development skills will be very welcomed!  :)
])

Reaching that point, we should be just about ready to start the World
Wide Debian GPL Free SW Videonetcast Conference & Hackfest.
http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?WwdebVideoconf

[And, once we get that done, it should be just one small step for us to
have a virtual BAD meeting on the sun.  .  .  .  .  .  Should be cool!
;)  ]

[The one about being able to teleport out of the Universe, though.  .  .
.  .  :(  - That one, I think, is gonna take a bit of work.  <:-O  ]