Announcement- BAD meeting 031112 This next Wed 6-9+PM, SBAY, Real & 1st Virtual

Akkana Peck akkana@shallowsky.com
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:43:04 -0800

Hereon writes:
> 1) The Dana Street Cafe in Mountain View (Just off Fidel Castro St, right
> past Central Expressway, just over the train tracks, left down from 101
> (depending on which way you're coming.)).

We had a linuxchix meeting there once, and none of us could get wifi
working.  We were outside (all the tables inside were taken -- the place
is tiny) and maybe the signal doesn't stretch that far, but even walking
inside our connections were sporadic.

> 2) The Santana Row "It's not a shopping center. It's the center of the

There's free wifi at Santana Row?  Where?  Or is this a "pay t-mobile"
thing?  (Ew.)

Quite near there, there's a web cafe (I forget the name, something
cute like Central Perk) at Winchester and Stevens Creek, between
Good Guys and Tony&Alba's.  It's small, like Dana St, but the wifi
actually works (decent food, too).  I don't know how crowded it
is in the evening, and it may not stay open very late -- I think it's
mostly a breakfast/lunch place, but it's very close to my house so
I'll try to spin by today and check the hours.

Haven't been to the other two sites you mentioned.

There's also a cafe at Lawrence and Stevens Creek (SE corner) with
a banner advertising free wifi, but I haven't been there yet.

	...Akkana