Debian Enterprise (not a Starfleet metaphor)

Claude Rubinson rubinson@email.arizona.edu
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:36:15 -0700

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 02:11:33PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 09:31:47PM -0700, Claude Rubinson wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 08:22:38PM -0800, johnie@nyip.net wrote:
> >
> > > So at the last Bay Area Debian meeting we pondered and mused about
> > > getting organized enough to provide commercial support for Debian.
> >
> > Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you (and I wasn't at the BAD meeting, so
> > perhaps you discussed this) but isn't this the whole point behind
> > Bruce Perens's UserLinux initiative?
>
> Maybe, with the exception that it doesn't seem to have anything to do with
> Debian.

Might you be thinking of another project?  Because the UserLinux
project is to be based off Debian.  In fact, as I understand it, it's
supposed to be more like a subproject than a fork of Debian.  From
Bruce's whitepaper: "I propose to work with the Debian distribution,
integrating our changes directly into Debian, rather than creating a
separate distribution." (http://userlinux.com/white_paper.html)

Claude