Anyone want an old but good subnote? (at tonight's meeting)

Tony Godshall togo@of.net
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:41:44 -0800

It's a HP Omnibook 800.  800x600, 10" screen.  Little
pop-out mouse on the right.  Runs X ok with Blackbox (thanks
Sean!) but is a dog under Gnome or KDE (not much memory).

Great APM (actually has battery-backed up RAM, so it comes
back to where you left it withing a couple seconds).

No floppy or cd-rom, tho externals are presumably available
on e.g. e-bay if you need them.  It actually has external
SCSI (rare on laptops) but needs a special cable.

I've used hard disks up to 20G in it, tho it has a 2G in it
now.  The point is that it doesn't have the 8G limit that
many otherwise equivalent machines of that generation had
(like the IBM Thinkpad 560).

It's got slink or potato installed, I think (kernel
2.2.19) so it's just an apt-get upgrade away from a more
modern Debian if you have an ethernet pcmcia card.

Anyway, I'll bring it tonight and best offer gets it.  (Best
could even mean "free" or "buy ya a beer for it")

-- Tony Godshall