Deb booth will exist, shared space not finalized yet. BOF scheduled.

Steve M Bibayoff smb23@csufresno.edu
Mon, 04 Aug 2003 01:52:57 -0700

Hereon <hereon2003@yahoo.com> wrote:

> will be in the .org pavilion, the most likely
candidates to ask are:
> 1) GNOME & KDE - We should make it a 3 way booth,
with Debian in
> the middle
> 2) Gentoo - A build from source distro based on
Debian.

> I'm gonna try today to email those folks and ask
if they are
> willing to share
> space w/ Debian.

I'm helping out at the FSF booth. And even though
the FSF would welcome Debian in it's booth, the main
reason the FSF is at LWE is to tell people about
Free Software and to sell wares to support Free
Software. With all the stuff to sell stored in the
booth, and people stopping by the booth, this makes
for a really busy booth, as oposed to the normal
relaxed mood of the regular Debian booth.

After saying all of the above, I like to say that
Debian is more than welcome to stay at the FSF booth
if better arrangements aren't found. (I'm just a
volunteer, so don't hold me to this ;-), but I'll
try to make sure it good)

> ...  If that doesn't result in a place for the Deb
> booth before
> Mon afternoon, I'll go to the expo setup mon PM &
try to locate a
> sharedspace.

I'll be there Monday morining and could scount out
locations for Debian. Assuming I could find net
connections, I'll email a list of potentials.

Steve