need help designing new tshirts

Erik Steffl steffl@bigfoot.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:39:24 -0700

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 October 2002 17:19, Joey Hess wrote:
>
>>Steve Dunham wrote:
>>
>>>(allusion to adverts)
>>>  "Now 150% bigger." (insert correct potato -> woody number)
>>
>>              __.-.__.-.__
>>            .'\ '-.__.-' /'.
>>           /  |          |  \
>>          /   | 150% more|   \
>>          '-._/   FREE! \_.-'
>>

>>              '._      _.'
>>                 `""""`
>>
>>Top 1/3rd some arresting color, bottom 1/3rd basic debian black; logo
>>overlaid on lower 2/3rds.
>

> do we like this more than "Debian, fresh daily" or "released daily"?

   I'd prefer something that makes at least some kind of sense to
'general public', it does not have to be n eccessarily understandable
but it should at least catch attention. So I like more the 'cliche' ones
(of style apt-got debian?), or even fresh daily or something like that -
it can at least start conversation. I think '150% more free' is not
going to leave an impression, I guess lot of people would just block it
out and not even recognize it as a joke... if you want to go for obscure
then I'd say go for something boldly obscure (so that it's clearly
visible that it's obscure:-) I guess it all depends on why you want the
t-shirt...

   as for 'boldly obscure' - you could go with apt-get update && apt-get
dist-upgrade (perhaps small letters with bigger letters saying fresh
daily or playing at server near you or some other commercial paraphrase)

	erik