Trackin' stable vs. releases

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Fri, 10 May 2002 00:57:46 -0700

begin  Alan DuBoff  quotation:
> On Thursday 09 May 2002 11:29 pm, Rick Moen wrote:
> > Actually, the best method of implementing your expressed
> > preference is the one Nick outlined.
>
> Why, so my apt-get update takes a friggin' year and a half to
> complete?<gd&r>

	But your update will more often than not notice that "stable"
*hasn't changed*, so the time taken will be swamped by the *actual*
download time from testing.

	HTTP does resumes, you know.  If things haven't changed, you
won't download it.  If they have, you want it!

--
INFORMATION GLADLY GIVEN BUT SAFETY REQUIRES AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION
end