Debian gets recognition in the "new testament"!

Alan DuBoff Alan DuBoff <aland@softorchestra.com>
Tue, 7 May 2002 12:09:24 -0700

For those that may or may not know, there has been a book that many people
have referred to as the Bible for Unix Sys Admins:

http://btobshop.barnesandnoble.com/textbooks/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?userid=18UOPQV55R&mscssid=VB7RATJBU11F8J43M2JB8V95FD8E97K6&btob=Y&isbn=0130206016

This book was revised with the 3rd edition to include <gasp> Red Hat Linux
specific info. It has probably been the single most used book in my library
when it comes to UNIX/Linux as much of the information is applicable to Linux.

I even spotted Evi Nemeth at the ALS in Oakland last year, at one of the mail
stations...

So it should be no surprise that the "new testament" has arrived, which not
only solidifies Linux even more, but includes Debian specific information as
well.

http://btobshop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=18UOPQV55R&mscssid=VB7RATJBU11F8J43M2JB8V95FD8E97K6&btob=Y&isbn=0130084662

This book is a must have for most all people working on Linux, IMO, and it's
great that there is notations for Debian 3.0, especially since it's not even
released yet!<g>

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.