Shotgun Rules

Evan Prodromou evan@prodromou.san-francisco.ca.us
Tue, 07 May 2002 14:40:52 -0400

    Me> The ruleset is GFDL'd, so anyone can and should adapt it to
    Me> their own circumstances.

    NM> Beaujolais to you for having NO INVARIANT SECTIONS.

Well, I barely grok what an invariant section is for. Should the
copyright notice be invariant? I'm not sure. I guess I should probably
look a little closer at the GFDL.

I just joined a Montreal* Burning Man list, and we're having our first
F2F this Thursday, and this morning the loudest mouth on the list
posted something to the effect of:

       "What do you all think about meeting at St. Elizabeth on corner
       St.  Catherine and St. Elizabeth instead of meeting at
       St. Sulpice... last time I was at Sulpice it was too crowded to
       find anyone... I vote for meeting at St. Elizabeth on
       thursday instead of St. Sulpice... what do you all think?"**

And I thought to myself: these people need some Shotgun Rules. So I
cleaned out the B.A.D. ruleset, removed the rule about region, and
posted it to the list.

Mark my words: one day the B.A.D. Shotgun Rules will be the Robert's
Rules of Order for anarcho-meetings.

~ESP

* I take a broad view of what the "Bay Area" part of "B.A.D." means.

** This quote brought to you through the magic of Fair Use. If you
   appreciated this instance of Fair Use, please send $1 to Ruben
   Safir.