Windows porting

Robin Rowe rower@MovieEditor.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:59:45 -0800

> Those
> who'll attempt bludgeoning those from one camp into the other are being
> nonproductive and should be ignored.

If you are talking about me I don't need to evangelize anyone. My social
flaw of probing other's opinions for my own insight may be mistaken for
arguing. A difference of opinion is fine by me -- what makes people special.

> I hate fomenting gossip, but who was this?  Free software is firmly
> ensconced on legacy MS Windows.  Might as well stop the tides.

I think so too, but at least one person in this group said at the meeting
that he disagrees. If he wants to discuss his reasons here he will.

> Incidentally, is it possible to allow the emulation layer to run the
> translations on the sly.  Say, fork() to threads translations?  I've no
> idea, but it might make emulo easier.

Maybe in Cygwin, but I really don't know. I usually avoid emulation layers.

Robin