The recent where to meet discussions

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:02:59 -0800

--v9Ux+11Zm5mwPlX6

on Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 12:39:15AM -0800, Alan DuBoff (aland@SoftOrchestra.=
com) wrote:

> On Friday 11 January 2002 11:52 am, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>=20
> > Speaking for myself, I'm moving to Napa this month.  Berkeley and SF are
> > reachable, but heading to SJ on the tail of rush-hour traffic is a
> > three-hour trek.  No thanks.
>=20
> I love Napa, hope you have something good to move up there for,
> beautiful area. I have property not far, over at Clear Lake, but it's
> only dirt with no house on it...:-/ Someday...

I've heard from a few other folks who're headed up that way.  LUGoD also
has a pretty good gig, that's a twisty drive over 128 away.

> > I would prefer a _less_ regimented system allowing for more free
> > interaction.  Tightly scheduled, speakers, etc., simply doesn't
> > appeal.
>=20
> I completely agree. I drove up to Berkeley the other night to make
> such a point. I am working just a few blocks from the Carl's Junior
> that was suggested for a BAD meeting. I wanted to make a point to
> tluxt, that it really doesn't matter where a BAD meeting is, people
> will show up as they can.
>=20
> I saw people that I would expect to see at a BAD meeting, and maybe a
> couple that I would expect to see and didn't...seems funny to not see
> JoeyH at a BAD meeting, since it was Joey that started BAD to begin
> with as I recall.

Last I heard, Joey's on a farm in Virginia.  Though I'm sure he'd make
it if he could.

Peace.

--=20
We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org