Wed. Jan. 9: BAD social get-together, Berkeley

Ben Pfaff blp@cs.stanford.edu
03 Jan 2002 18:08:21 -0800

tluxt <tluxt@yahoo.com> writes:

> Ben Pfaff has indicated to me that he can put together a talk for this meeting: he
> has several possibilities.  [Ben: please send to this list the msg you sent to me,
> so that the list can provide input on which of your suggestions it would like to
> hear.  :) ]

If a talk is desired, I am willing to give one, if there's
something that I know that people are interested in.  I used to
occasionally give talks for the Greater Lansing Linux Users Group
(www.gllug.org), but I get the impression that most users around
here are more advanced, so I'm not sure that the same kind of
talk would be appropriate.

I have the papers accompanying previous talks up on my webpage at
        http://www.msu.edu/~pfaffben/writings/
At the bottom of that page there's a pretty dated list of topics
that I thought the GLLUG might be at least remotely interested
in.  If anything piques your interest, point it out, but I
wouldn't be surprised if no one cared about any of those topics.

If anyone wants to suggest a topic, go ahead.  I'm basically a
programmer, but I've done some system administration too.  For
Debian I'm the maintainer of the autoconf, gccchecker, debview,
doschk, fmtools, gnu-standards, kftgt, nqc, w3-e20, w3-e21, and
w3-url packages.  I'm a heavy user of GNU Emacs and the standard
C programming language.  I've done a little bit of kernel hacking
as the author of the vga16fb and radio-rtrack2 drivers and a
small patch or two elsewhere.
--
"Implementation details are beyond the scope of the Java virtual
 machine specification.  One should not assume that every virtual