Proposal: Nov BAD meeting should move to ALS 11/8 6PM

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org>
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 21:59:55 -0700

In reference to a message from David Kimdon, dated Oct 19:
> Sounds good to me, what does BoF stand for?

>From Jargon File (4.2.3, 23 NOV 2000) [jargon]:

  BOF /B-O-F/ or /bof/ n.  1. [common] Abbreviation for the
  phrase "Birds Of a Feather" (flocking together), an informal discussion
  group and/or bull session scheduled on a conference program.  It is
  not clear where or when this term originated, but it is now associated
  with the USENIX conferences for Unix techies and was already established
  there by 1984.        It was used earlier than that at DECUS conferences and
  is reported to have been common at SHARE meetings as far back as the
  early 1960s.

Sounds like a good idea! Should be fun :)

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/