Reminder: Dinner at Enzo's, Wednesday

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:57:30 -0700

begin  Alex Apke quotation:
> Who is all going to this meeting today?  Just wondering, since the list
> has been mostly quiet this past month.

Just a late follow-up.  We had eight people:  Mike Markley, Seth David
Schoen, you, me, Deirdre, Biella Coleman, John Regan, and a fellow
whose name escapes me at the moment.  (Sorry!)  Dinner was quite a
feast, including that nice Italian Sangiovese that three of us shared.
We did discuss the Nov. 5-10 (Mon. through Sat.) Oakland ALS event to
the extent of my saying I'd be glad to spend a day staffing the Debian
booth (Booth 3724).  It'd be good if I could find out who's coordinating
people's schedules for that.

Against all odds, everyone turned out to be capable of calculating their
food tabs and correctly paying in, with one attendee saying he had to
use a credit card, because he didn't bring enough cash.  This worked out
fine, but I've always been afraid that either (1) the restaurant would
turn out not to accept credit cards, (2) the card-reader wasn't working,
or (3) _two_ people both said at the end of the meal that they had to
use credit cards for lack of cash.

Personally, I always make sure I have enough cash before ordering.  And,
much as I might want to stay in the name of science, if any of the three
above scenarios ever seems imminent, expect to see me hurl my share of
cash down on the table and hightail it elsewhere.

John Regan said he'd make arrangements for November's meeting, somewhere
in Berkeley.  Expect to hear details from him soon.

--
Cheers,   If C gives you enough rope to hang yourself, then C++ give you enough
Rick Moen    to bind and gag your neighbourhood, rig the sails on a small ship,