BAD Hacking!

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 21:53:56 -0700

Thanks, Sean.  I'm used to having Linux events of a more public nature
at my house, since we have CABAL (user group) meetings there every 2nd
and 4th Saturday, late afternoon and evening.  And in fact, Saturday the
14th (this Saturday) _is_ such a date.  CABAL starts at 4 PM --
officially.  Usually, members of the public start showing up a bit
later.

As usual for such events, I'll be having a barbecue.

(Sean, if that five+ hours of no interruptions are not enough, I fully
understand.  In the event you want to proceed, here's the rest of the
details required:)

WHERE:  2033 Sharon Road near Alameda de las Pulgas, Menlo Park
WHEN:  11 AM-ish until whenever, this Saturday
WHO:  Debian hackers only, age 21 years+

DIRECTIONS:

>From I-280: Exit eastbound onto Sand Hill Road, going downhill 1 mile to
turn left (north) at a traffic light onto Sharon Park Drive. There is a
Shell gasoline station on the corner, and you then will see the Sharon
Heights shopping centre on your left. At the end-of-the-block stop sign,
turn right (east) to continue on Sharon Road, which will curve slightly
left and then a slow 90 degrees right, and then (at a traffic light)
cross Alameda de las Pulgas. On the next block, 2033 Sharon Road is on
your right in mid-block, recessed on a long driveway. Please park on
Sharon Road.

>From US-101: Exit westbound onto Marsh Road, turning left (logical
south) when Marsh Road ends after 1 mile, onto Middlefield Road. Go 1/2
mile, past Watkins Ave., Lane Place, Prior Lane, Encinal Ave. (note
schoolyard), and Surrey Lane to turn right (logical west) onto Glenwood
Ave. In one mile, Glenwood crosses El Camino Real at a traffic light,
becoming Valparaiso Ave. Proceed 2 miles to turn left (logical south) at
the first traffic light, onto Alameda de las Pulgas. (There is a fire
station on the corner.) Proceed eight blocks (1/4 mile) to turn left
(logical east) at the Sharon Road traffic light, which is at the top of
a rise. 2033 Sharon Road is on your right in mid-block, recessed on a
long driveway. Please park on Sharon Road.

By CalTrain: Exit at Menlo Park station, then either take a SamTrans or
Stanford Marguerite shuttle bus if available (as described below, or
walk 2 miles logical west along Santa Cruz Avenue. Alternatively, call
us at 650-561-9820, and we'll come pick you up. After 1.8 miles, you'll
see a graveyard on the left. Just after that, Santa Cruz Avenue turns
half-left (south). Turn half-right (logical west) at the second
intersection, onto Sharon Road. 2033 Sharon Road will be on your left in
mid-block.

By bus: Unfortunately, SamTrans routes 295 San Mateo - Menlo Park
Caltrain Feeder and 282 Portola Valley-Palo Alto CalTrain, as well as
Stanford University's free Marguerite shuttle bus route M (Menlo Line)
run weekdays only, and therefore are no use for these events.

MAP:  http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/map-2033Sharon.jpeg

Directions and map are always accessible from
http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/

--
Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers