tomorrow...

Alan DuBoff Alan DuBoff <maestro@SoftOrchestra.com>
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 09:06:31 +0000

Joey Hess wrote:

> No, we don't care who fixes release critical bugs, just so long as they
> get fixed. Sending a patch to the bts is fine.

I'll head over and see whats going on, and if I can add some value and learn
something about the packaging and debconf, it will have been worth it.

If I annoy anyone, you can always tell me to get the f#@$ outta there.

I saw that Matt posted that bts is the bug tracking system, looks like it's in
perl. I wouldn't call myself a perl guru, have only coded in it for one
project. Oddly, there was no database dependency for bts, I would have thought
it would use some type of database backend.

What is the main problem with it? Slowness while searching through the bug
database?

We use Bugzilla where I work and one of the guys modified it (it is also in
perl). It is my belief that the bug database should be tied in with the
version control. That way fixes can be tied in together with the bugs and/or
resolved upon a submit. Maybe BTS has a way of doing that.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.