idea for Saturday

ivan ivan-bad@420.am
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:48:45 -0800

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 10:29:55AM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> On 19-Feb-2001 Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> > the woody bug squash party is Saturday.  Let's get together somewhere and
> > hack
> > as a group.  Could be fun and all the heads should make for excellent
> > hacking.
> >
> > We just need a place with room, quiet and bandwidth.
> >
> > I can probably bring a box from work, I am sure others could as well.  Plus
> > our laptops.
>
> It looks like I can get VA to sponsor this one.  Will have some workstations
> and some servers to hack on.  Waiting for final approval of space and for IS to
> write off on the logistics.

If that doesn't work out or if the south bay doesn't appeal to people (I
know there's no way I'm spending my saturday on caltrain), I can offer my
humble abode.  I'm smack in the middle of SF, near the lower haight /
hayes valley.

i have lots of bandwidth, a local mirror of stable/unstable
source/binary-(i386|powerpc), lots of room and a couple boxes that i could
give people root on and they could break, plus a couple usable terminals.
i have enough tables/chairs/hubs for maybe a dozen people, but there's
lots of room (sitting on the floor never hurt anyone!), and if people
bring hubs, i've got cat5, crimpers and ends.

--
meow
_ivan