[rick@deirdre.org: BAD keysigning -- news]

Dmitriy ace22b@yahoo.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:28:51 -0700

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 11:58:09AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> begin Aaron Lehmann quotation:
>=20
> > I've been to key signing parties before....
>=20
> Well, I'll be charitable, and hope/assume that you had fewer problems
> with those.
>=20
> > ...and you are misquoting a private message.=20
>=20
> Not so fast, kiddo:  I quoted nothing from private mail.
>=20
> > Please don't take such cheap shots....
>=20
> The relevancy lies in the irony of you, who had the biggest problem
> of anyone in following the technical requirements of the protocol,=20
> insisting that there's no need to see through its conclusion.
>=20
> > ...that are completely inaccurate.
>=20
> What, embarrassed to admit in front of other Debian developers that=20
> you sent your key fingerprint for the keyring, and were all set to=20
> bring your public key (rather than its fingerprint) to the picnic?
> And that you were the reason why I felt compelled to send out that
> last-minute reminder on Friday with examples of what a fingerprint
> is, and how to distinguish it from a public key?  That's understandable.
>=20
OK, to conclude:
Rick was pissed that no one bothered to contatct him, which is
understandable.  He sates clearly that he didn't mind me stepping
forward. =20

Can we please just forget about all of this misunderstanding,
send Rick the signed keyrings, and stop this long and annoying flamish
thread?

> --=20
> Cheers,               It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
> Rick Moen          It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
> rick@            The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
> linuxmafia.com         It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

--=20
	GPG key-id: 1024D/5BE3DCFD                 Dmitriy
	CCAB 5F17 A099 9E43 1DBE  295C 9A21 2F1C 5BE3 DCFD
=09
	Adobe put Dmitry in jail for the crime against=20
	society of revealing that they were selling=20
	ROT-13 as "encryption." He is rotting in US rison=20
	as a political prisoner for speaking out.=20
	Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  http://www.freesklyarov.org

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS--