[rick@deirdre.org: BAD keysigning -- news]

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:45:21 -0700

begin Aaron Lehmann quotation:

> As for Rick, he was copied on all the mails in which we decided to do
> this, since the original plan (involving keys being sent by Sunday to
> linuxmafia) would obviously never work. Rick could have responded to
> these emails, if he didn't have technical problems. He of course did
> not have a single working MX but this is quite frankly not our
> problem.

As it turns out, I _did_ have multiple working backup MXes.  When Karsten
told me that my mail was being bounced, it turned out that he'd misread
a 4-hour progress message from my highest-priority backup MX.

But, of course, sending mail to a down system isn't immediately useful.
Having working backup MXes simply means the mail is held for redelivery
to the destination system (which would be the system with the lowest MX
number).

> Rick was also present at our physical meeting, where every one of us
> agreed that sending keys to a keyserver was an appropriate action.

Yes, indeed I _am_ going to send them to a keyserver -- after doing
checks to eliminate elementary errors such as signing the wrong key.

> As far as I can tell, Rick is angry because Dimitry was the one who
> stood up and took control of a deteriorated situation instead of Rick
> himself doign so.

Then, you did not bother to read my messages attentively, as I said
nothing of the kind.

> As far as I can tell....

And how far _can_ you tell, Aaron?  You were, in fact, the person who,
right up through Friday, were going to come to the keysigning
with a printout of your _public key_ instead of the key fingerprint.
I think you held the record for most fumbles and greatest amount of
required handholding among all participants.

--
Cheers,                                     SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM!
Rick Moen                                   SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM!