New keyring.

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:05:17 -0700

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 06:03:56PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> Note that this keyring lists multiple keys for Marc Merlin.  The only

Yes and no.
I have one key with multiple uids:

pub  1024R/763BE901 1996-11-17 merlin@valinux.com
uid                            Marc Merlin <marc_pgp@merlins.org>
uid                            Marc Merlin <merlin@varesearch.com>
uid                            Marc Merlin <marc@merlins.org>
uid                            Marc Merlin <marc.merlin@magic.metawire.com>

> one that was included at the keysigning is the key for
> marc_pgp@merlins.org.  There are two keys for Marc in the attached
> keyring, both have the same fingerprint.  What's protocol here?

You should  only sign the  key that has  the same ID  than the one  that you
verified the fingerprint for,  but since I only have one  key, there is only
one key to verify.

With gpg, you'll get a notice that I have multiple uids or sub-keys, and you
can just tell  gpg to sign all of  them (the sub-keys are signed  by my main
key, so if you trust one, you trust the others)

Marc
--=20
                                      .... what McDonalds is to gourmet coo=
king